GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ROYAL MARANG WEBSITE
TRADING AS THE ROYAL MARANG HOTEL (“ROYAL MARANG”)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ANY SERVICES OFFERED WITHIN IT.
- Royal Marang provides the information and services offered in this website ("services") subject to the terms and conditions (T’s & C’s) set out below. By accessing the website and using any of the services and information provided in it you are bound by the contents and agree to abide by them. Therefore, since Royal Marang may at any time modify these T’s & C’s, your continued use of the website will be subject to the T’s & C’s in force at the time of your use and such access or use constitutes your acceptance of the amended T’s & C’s. T’s & C’s relating to special offers, which are contained elsewhere on the website, shall, to the extent that those T’s & C’s conflict with the T’s & C’s contained herein, take precedence over the conflicting provisions.
- By accessing the website and using any of the services, you agree that you will not use any hardware, software or other device to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site and that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Royal Marang infrastructure. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the pages of the site or the content contained therein, without the prior written consent from Royal Marang. (Such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed to direct Internet users to the website). You may not use the site to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, and unlawful or contains hate speech.
- These T’s & C’s govern your use of this website and constitute the entire agreement between yourself and Royal Marangwith respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior oral and written agreements. The agreement is governed by South African law and the guest submits to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in respect of any issue that may arise from this agreement. Furthermore, you may not transfer and/or on-sell any of the accommodation booked through the website to any third party without the prior written authorisation of Royal Marang. No failure or delay on the part of Royal Marang in exercising any right or remedy hereunder or enforcing the terms and conditions of the agreement will operate as a waiver thereof.
- These terms and conditions, irrespective of how they are grouped, are severable from each other and, if any part or provision of this agreement is found to be invalid, unenforceable or void, then the remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect. Headings are for convenience only and not for use in interpretation.
- Whilst every effort is made to update the capabilities and information provided on this website on a regular basis, Royal Marang makes no representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the content and/or capability of any of the pages comprising the website and shall not be bound in any manner by any such content and/or capability.
- Royal Marang reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect, feature or service offered by way of this website. Opinions, information, data or content contained on the website are offered for information purposes only and shall NOT be construed as advice. Royal Marang gives no warranties and makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any such opinions, information, data or content.
- This website is solely for personal and non-commercial use. Copyright and all intellectual property rights in all materials made available through this website are owned by Royal Marang, alternatively Royal Marang is the lawful user thereof and is protected by both South African and international intellectual property right laws. Accordingly, any such materials may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, distributed, circulated or otherwise exploited without the express and written permission of Royal Marang. Any unauthorised use of the materials constitutes an infringement of Royal Marang’s copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- The trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively "trademarks") displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of Royal Marang alternatively Royal Marang is the lawful user of the trademarks. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trademarks without the prior written permission of Royal Marang.
- Royal Marang, their directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents, are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever to any user of the website for whatever cause.
- People under the age of eighteen may not use this website without the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- All communications permitted or required by the provisions of this agreement may be given via the site, by electronic mail, conventional mail or, if by Royal Marang, by posting on this site. Such communications are deemed given upon receipt by you if sent by electronic mail or conventional mail, or immediately upon posting to this site. In this context, Royal Marang will accept instructions that appear to originate from you even if they come from someone else impersonating you and will act on any instruction purporting to originate from you, unless you notify us of any irregularities.
- Currency conversion rates are based on publicly available sources and should be used as guidelines only. Also currency quotes are not updated every day. The currency information supplied by this web site is believed to be accurate, but Royal Marang does not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. Room rates are, therefore, guaranteed only in the hotel's local currency.
- Delay or failure to comply with or breach of any of these terms and conditions occasioned by or resulting from an act of God or public enemy, fire, explosion, earthquake, perils of the sea, flood, storm or other adverse weather conditions, war declared or undeclared, civil war, revolution, civil commotion or other civil strife, riot, strikes, blockade, embargo, sanctions, epidemics, act of any Government or other authority, compliance with Government orders, demands or regulations, or any circumstances of like or different nature beyond the reasonable control of the party so failing force majeure, will not be deemed to be a breach of these terms and conditions nor will it subject either party to any liability to the other.
- Should either party be prevented from carrying out its obligations by force majeure lasting continuously for a period of 30 (thirty) days, the parties will consult with each other regarding the future implementation of these terms and conditions. If no mutually acceptable arrangement is arrived at within a period of 30 (thirty) days thereafter, Royal Marang shall be entitled to terminate all of its rights and obligations in terms of or arising from these terms and conditions and/or any service forthwith on written notice.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
- The Royal Marang web reservation feature is provided to assist customers to determine availability of hospitality-related goods and services and to make legitimate reservations. By using the facilities you agree to be financially responsible for any transactions made by you and also for use of your account by others, including without limitation any person under the age of eighteen years. You also agree that the reservation feature shall be used only to make legitimate reservations and understand that overuse or abuse may result in you being denied future access to the feature, at the sole discretion of Royal Marang. In this context you warrant that all information supplied by you or members of your household, during the use of the website, is true and accurate, without limitation.
- For reservations or other services for which fees may be charged, you agree that all amounts owing, (all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of the use of this website) shall be paid when due and you shall comply with all rules and restrictions regarding rates and charges and in respect of the availability of products or services.
- External links may be provided within the website, but they are beyond the control of Royal Marang and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any such links is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to the external website's terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website whether controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of Royal Marang.
- Royal Marang will use reasonable endeavours to maintain full system availability, except during scheduled maintenance periods. Royal Marang records that the website may from time to time be subject to routine enhancements, maintenance and upgrades and accepts no liability for any error and/or miscommunication that may occur at such time. Also since Royal Marang provides certain services to you via the Internet, The hotel makes no representations, nor gives any warranties or guarantees of any nature as to the availability of any communications network or systems of any third party on whom you or the hotel rely to provide any of the services. Therefore, any person who accesses this website or relies on this website or on the information contained in this Website does so at his or her own risk.
- Functionality is not guaranteed with all types of mobile devices in using this Site. You should contact your service provider directly for technical assistance or any questions. Please note that security features vary by carrier/service provider and mobile device.
- Royal Marang make no guarantee of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the site or any website linked to the site. The hotel will not be liable for the privacy of the information, E-Mail addresses, registration and identification information, communications, confidential or trade-secret information or any other content transmitted over networks accessed by the site, or otherwise connected with your use of the site. The website is, however, viewed over a secured connection and so any information provided by you on this website cannot be viewed by anyone else over the Internet.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS
- The rate quoted in respect of an on-line booking is the rate available at the date and time of making the booking. Royal Marang records that the rate quoted in the on-line booking may change on notice and by agreement with you. In the event that you wish to extend your stay, the rate offered to you for such extension may be different to the rate quoted at the time of making the on-line booking. Please note further that, should you reduce the period of your stay, then the rate applicable to such shorter period may, at the Hotel's discretion, be different to the rate quoted for the original on-line booking.
- Rates quoted are in South African Rand and includes VAT and Tourism Levy.
- Rates are quoted on per room basis unless otherwise indicated.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Where room configuration allows a maximum of two children can stay. Surcharges apply depending on the ages of the children.
- Royal Marang may apply minimum length of stay restrictions over weekends, long weekends and peak dates. Rooms and rates are subject to such restrictions and may change at any time without prior notice.
- A deposit equal to the cost of the first night’s accommodation will be charged at the time of making the reservation.
- Cancellations: If cancelled up until 2 days prior to the date of arrival no cancellation fee will be charged. If cancelled later, or in the case of a no-show, the deposit paid will be retained, by the hotel, as a cancellation fee. A no-show is defined as non-arrival by 4AM on the day after the booking arrival date.
- Guest check in time is 14H00 and check out time is 11H00.
- You must vacate your room and check-out by the stipulated time. Failure to do so will render you liable for an additional night's charge unless prior and alternative check-out arrangements have been made with the hotel's management.
- No pets are allowed except, by prior arrangement, for helpers of visually impaired hotel guests.
- Positive identification (a passport, driver’s licence or ID book for SA residents) will be required at check in.
- Settlement of the balance of the accommodation cost shall be payable at the time of check in.
- Settlement for any other services for which fees may be charged by Royal Marang shall be payable by you on departure from the hotel or, where applicable, shall be debited to your account after departure.
- The rates payable by you in respect of the provision of any services and/or goods, including but not limited to the provision of accommodation at the hotel shall be the current applicable rates of the hotel.
- The credit card used to make a reservation is required to be presented on check-in at the hotel. An imprint of this card will be taken by the hotel on check-in in order to prove the card was present.
- Credit card details on the website together with the payment of the deposit detailed in clause 7 above secure your reservation. Royal Marang reserves the right to retain your deposit if a reservation is not cancelled 2 days prior to the date of arrival.
- The guest agrees that this transaction constitutes an electronic transaction as defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 and that a binding agreement has been concluded between the hotel and the guest authorising the hotel to debit the credit card for payments for services rendered to the guest. The hand signature of the guest shall not be required for authorisation purposes.
- By utilising the website to make a booking, the customer/client signifies and accepts all terms and conditions contained in the website.
CONDITIONS OF STAY
- The guest, signing the registration card upon check-in, warrants that he is duly authorised to sign for and bind all persons represented by him or for whom he is responsible ("his party") to these conditions of stay and, failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the stay of himself and his party at the hotel.
- The guest and each of his party agree to pay not later than the time of departure (unless prior written arrangements have been made with hotel management) all costs together with VAT (if applicable) incurred by the guest and his party during their stay in the hotel. Periodic payments must be made if the account exceeds the credit limit designated by the hotel, and accounts are payable on presentation.
- A certificate from the hotel manager prima facie shall constitute proof of indebtedness of the guest and/or any of his party and of the particulars therein for all purposes including any action instituted by the hotel against the guest and/or any of his party.
- The guest agrees that after his departure, the Hotel may retain goods left behind by him and/or his party and authorises the Hotel after giving one month's notice to the address registered by the guest of its attention to do so, to sell same, privately or publicly, at the Hotel's discretion at such price as the Hotel may determine and offset proceeds of such sale against possible indebtedness of the guest or to hold such proceeds or part thereof for a period of three years pending any claims by the guest for those proceeds failing which they shall be deemed to have been forfeited to the Hotel.
- The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his party that it is a condition of his/their occupation of the Hotel that neither the Hotel, its landlord, employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the Hotel. The guest and his party may hand to the Hotel for safekeeping money and /or valuables, whereupon a special receipt will be issued accordingly.
- Where applicable, the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa and the singular shall include the plural.
TRAVEL AGENTS AND TOUR OPERATORS
- If you are a travel agent (or Tour Operator) or authorised representative of a travel agent (or Tour Operator) using this website the following applies: Passwords - You have been provided you with a unique password so that access to relevant information and transactions can be restricted to only those individuals to whom you provided the password. It is your responsibility to protect the security and confidentiality of the password. Royal Marang accepts no liability for any access to information or transactions that are executed with the password provided to you. We strongly recommend that you implement all required security and control mechanisms to protect the integrity of your use of the site.